Novo
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
There and Back Again
Okay. We're Back.

It's been quite a roller-coaster ride of expectations, emotions, and experiences.
The sights, the sounds, the sun, the cold, the closed-door huddled chats with Farah and Terrence. The angst, the hidden fears, the dashed ambitions, the shared disappointments, the elation, the joy, the affirmations.

In a sense this trip is a microcosm of the teaching profession - the parallels are astounding.
How do we draw the balance between education and achievement? How do we stay true to what we do without the schemes and the guiles.

Where are all the real musicians?

And on top of all this in my little mind, was this continual call to be a parent to some kids and to be a close friend to others.

No.

I didn't want to too close to the sec 4s either because I know I will miss them too much. I'm sorry Vanessa. But you have to do this once in 16 years, I experience this every year when you people graduate.

So I build some barriers, and keep some emotional sanity.

This was YOUR competition, YOUR gwh, YOUR Gold99, your friends to keep. Your bridges to continually build. For me it will be a memory, only interjected by visiting seniors and their warm, changing, smiles.

Well the rambling ought to stop here. Some pictures I suppose.














posted by Ben Tan @ 2:46 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tag

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Personal
Academic Interests
School stuff
Other Edublogs
Powered by

BLOGGER