Novo
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Farewell

I thought the farewell party was a good one. Think the seniors enjoyed themselves and the games were ehhh... quite fun. Of course there could have been more time for saying goodbye and stuff but I guess emo stuff should be left privately. 

I think I will miss the choir seniors dearly. Mainly because I've seen them through secondary one to four. And for some very strange reason, I have taught some of them every year. Thank you Elissa, Jem, Van and Pam for the cards. They were really touching. I will try to find a better opportunity to say goodbye properly. 

I think farewells are dfficult to encapsulate because of the varied, complex, and at times contradictory emotions it generates. Such as being glad that people have 'come of age' and moving on to greater opportunities, and yet being sad that there is a parting. 

I guess the words of Tolkien best captures this contradiction. For "their hearts, wounded with sweet words, over-flowed, and their joy was like swords, and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness." 

And to the Sec three especially Cornelius: Well done! A lot of independence and self-reliance doing up this party. 

Note: Blogspot re-sizes the photos so you faces look wonderfully pixelated. Will pass the originals to Shijia. 







posted by Ben Tan @ 10:33 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tag

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Personal
Academic Interests
School stuff
Other Edublogs
Powered by

BLOGGER