Novo
Thursday, May 17, 2007
My music
To read this properly, you will need to crank up your speakers.

Melissa got me thinking about the music i like.

'Like' is a terrible word for me... because I can never hover around 'liking' a song/group, but usually gravitate towards either total disdain or absolute obsession.

My first forays into 'music' as we know it, were typical - all those pop songs played on the radio. I soon started regressing and liking older (and really 'emo') groups like Jason Donovan (this guy is pennultimate 'emo') and Chicago, and also dabbled abit into softer rock like that of Richard Marx and later Oasis.

All this music were like infatuation music? Everytime the teenage ben had a crush on someone (i think only 3A has the details, hahaha...), i would really listen to particular songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... and think of silly scenarios where i am some knight in shining armour saving this damsel from some modern distress (like a terrorist attack). and of course winning her heart. *vomit

NOW.

I only like music with a message. ANY kind of music with a message. Any message; the meaning of living, expressing love, expressing affection, expressing angst against the problem of violence, aganist discrimination, and aganist general ignorance and intolerance. Any genre will do for me: Choral, Heavy Metal, Pop (sure Backside Boys too!), National Anthems. etc. Why not? Music is for the soul. Any music is potentially good, and as long as it moves me strongly, I will start listening to it. And good music has a way of growing on you. I would probably be worse off now without music from Megadeth, Franc Poulenc, and Lea Salonga . These are genre-wise, heavy metal, neo-classical, and disney-pop respectively.

MUSIC FOR THE DAY: SAVAGE GARDEN (who are gay and whose lead singer is tone deaf) - AFFIRMATION

Listen to the lyrics. I seldom hear songs that are so 'in your face' about personal beliefs and convictions, some of which i can't help but totally agree with!
posted by Ben Tan @ 7:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tag

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Personal
Academic Interests
School stuff
Other Edublogs
Powered by

BLOGGER