Novo
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
My Music Part III
Okay.

If you dislike Metal for religious/taste/appetite/eardrum reasons. Press pause on the player.

Here goes my rep. as a choir teacher. Hah.

I am a relative late-comer when it comes to metal. I think it's a sort of music that really takes time to grow on you, and that needs alot of maturity and mental sieving to be really appreciated. This song is NOT about war (although it's amazingly angry), but about the stupidity of war - I've never heard lyrics so apt for the post 911 world we live in today, and yet this was written in 1990! The key to good metal. Directness. Hard hitting. In your face. Honest.

I know he snarls... but well...

I think those of you that know my academic background will understand why i like Megadeth. Those of you from the same trajectory as me - well... enjoy.


Brother will kill brother
Spilling blood across the land
Killing for religion
Something I dont understand


Fools like me,who cross the sea
And come to foreign lands
Ask the sheep,for their beliefs
Do you kill on god's command?

A country thats divided
Surely will not stand
My past erased,no more disgrace
No foolish naive stand

The end is near,its crystal clear
Part of the master plan
Dont look now to israel
It might be your homelands

Holy wars

Upon my podium,as the
Know it all scholar
Down in my seat of judgement
Gavels bang,uphold the law
Up on my soapbox,a leader
Out to change the world
Down in my pulpit as the holler
Than-thou-could-be-messenger of god

Wage the war on organized crime
Sneak attacks,repel down the rocks
Behind the lines
Some people risk to employ me
Some people live to destroy me
Either way they die

They killed my wife,and my baby
With hopes to enslave me
First mistake...last mistake
Paid by the alliance,to slay all the giants
Next mistake...no more mistakes

Fill the cracks in,with judicial granite
Because I dont say it,dont mean I aint
Thinkin it

Next thing you know,theyll take my thoughts away
I know what I said,now I must scream of the overdose
And the lack of mercy killings
posted by Ben Tan @ 10:18 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Tag

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Personal
Academic Interests
School stuff
Other Edublogs
Powered by

BLOGGER